Came across this site which gives great information and resources about transitioning, companies, education etc.
As part of LinkedIn’s commitment to help veterans connect with available jobs across America, they are offering U.S. veterans a free one-year Premium Careers subscription, including access to LinkedIn Learning. This is a $360/yr savings for you. You have to take advantage of this. In fact, if your serious about getting a new job, this should be your second step (we already mentioned that starting your LinkedIn profile should be step #1).
To be eligible for this offer, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a current or former U.S. military service member (non-US military are not eligible).
- Have not used the LinkedIn veteran promotion previously (one promotion per service member).
- You must not have a current LinkedIn Premium subscription.
Note: If you’re currently a Premium subscriber, cancel your subscription or let your free 30-day trial lapse before applying.
Redeeming the free LinkedIn Premium Career subscription offer
To redeem the free LinkedIn Premium Career subscription offer:
- Visit the Veterans Premium Request page.
- Click the Log in with Troop ID button.
- On the ID.me Sign in page, enter your ID.me credentials or create a new ID.me account.
- Once your service status is confirmed, you can take advantage of this offer on the LinkedIn site.
Check out some frequently asked questions about this offer.
I have been using LinkedIn for years and would love to help you if you have any questions. If you do, please just submit a comment to this blog post and I’ll answer as soon as I can. That way others can learn from the hurdles we overcome as well.
If you are thinking about, in the middle of, or have already transitioned out of the service, please listen to Bob Hughes explain what resources you have available to you through our alumni’s network.
Stay on the lookout for more updates on the AMP Blog. We can’t wait to get you up to speed!